What is Zinc Citrate?
Zinc citrate is a salt of citric acid. Zinc is an essential nutrient and trace mineral that the body requires for normal function. Zinc is the second most abundant mineral in the body behind iron. Because Zinc is not produced by the body, we must get our Zinc from our diet.
What are the benefits ?
Zinc is an antioxidant that contributes to:
- the normal function of the immune system
- the protection of cells from oxidative stress
- the maintenance of normal hair, skin and nails
- the maintenance of normal bones
- the maintenance of normal vision
- normal cognitive function
- normal fertility and reproduction
- the maintenance of normal testosterone levels in the blood
- normal protein synthesis
- normal DNA synthesis
- normal carbohydrate metabolism
- normal acid-base metabolism
- Zinc also has a role in the process of cell division.
- Manufactured in the UK to GMP code of practice.
- These procedures ensure that the basic manufacturing practices and prerequisites necessary for product quality and safety are being followed so that we can guarantee you receive consistently high quality products.
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.