What is 5 HTP
5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) is a compound that your body makes from an amino acid called tryptophan. Your body uses it to produce serotonin, a chemical messenger that sends signals between your nerve cells. It is also a direct precursor to melatonin. Though tryptophan is typically obtained from meats, fish and dairy, there are no dietary sources of 5-HTP, so supplementing is key. Our 5-HTP capsules are from the Griffonia simplicifolia shrub, providing a 200mg dose in a single capsule. It’s usually taken before bed.
What are the benefits
Low serotonin levels are associated with depression, anxiety, sleep disorders, weight gain and other health problems. Therefore, increasing your body’s production of serotonin may have various benefits. For this reason, serotonin-producing 5-HTP supplements have become increasingly popular.
- Aid weight loss by increasing fullness
- May help with depression by increasing serotonin levels
- Improved symptoms of Fibromyalgia
- Could help reduce migraines
- Can promote sleep by increasing melatonin production
- Manufactured to the GMP code of practice.
- These procedures ensure that the basic manufacturing practices and prerequisites necessary for product quality and safety are being followed so that we can guarantee you receive consistently high quality products.