What is Vitamin C?
Vitamin C is an essential vitamin, meaning your body can’t produce it. Yet, it has many roles and has been linked to impressive health benefits. It’s water-soluble and found in many fruits and vegetables, including oranges, strawberries, kiwi fruit, bell peppers, broccoli, kale, and spinach.
What are the benefits?
One of the main reasons people take vitamin C supplements is to boost their immunity, as vitamin C is involved in many parts of the immune system. First, vitamin C helps encourage the production of white blood cells known as lymphocytes and phagocytes, which help protect the body against infection. Second, vitamin C helps these white blood cells function more effectively while protecting them from damage by potentially harmful molecules, such as free radicals. Third, vitamin C is an essential part of the skin’s defense system. It’s actively transported to the skin, where it can act as an antioxidant and help strengthen the skin’s barriers.
- Strong Antioxidant - reducing risk of chronic disease
- May help manage high blood pressure
- May lower risk of heart disease
- Helps prevent iron deficiency
- May boost immune system
- Contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue and to normal energy-yielding metabolism.
- Contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of bones, blood vessels, cartilage, gums, skin and teeth
- Manufactured in the UK to GMP code of practice
- These procedures ensure that the basic manufacturing practices and prerequisites necessary for product quality and safety are being followed so that we can guarantee you receive consistently high quality products.
- Suitable for vegetarians & vegans